Tuesday, January 30, 2007

'Dragon' & The NZ Invasion

Dragon are one of my favourite bands, They're pictured here with Molly Meldrum who through Countdown helped a lot of bands get exposure.
New Zealand exported a heap of great bands that went on to bigger and better things. Check out this site for an example.
Marc Hunter,Dragon's vocalist had one of the best voices in rock history. He lived the lifestyle and died as a consequence of it. But in his own words "I believe it doesn't really matter when or where you die, but how you live your life. If somebody diagnoses you with cancer and tells you they are going to cut open your jaw and take out a tumor, you would panic unless you had something to sustain you. But my time with the Qi masters gave me a tap on the shoulder and reminded me we are spiritual beings."
R.I.P. Marc 7/9/1953 - 17/7/1998. He was only 44.
If you've never heard Dragon...do yourself a favour and check them out.

No comments: